Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hakuna Matata


From Wikipedia:  "Hakuna matata" is a Swahili phrase; literally translated, it roughly means "there isn't a problem/trouble".  

Pumbaa and Timon introduced us to "no worries for the rest of your days" in Disney's "The Lion King."  I'm worried because I have to get on a plane tomorrow.  I'm worried because I have to navigate a transfer at the Atlanta airport by myself.  I'm worried because I'm traveling to WISCONSIN, and I'm usually cold in SOUTH CAROLINA.  I've had butterflies in my stomach today.  At lunch, my friend said, "You always have butterflies before you fly."  Yep, that's true!  If I consider my feelings as visitors, I'm reminded they've visited before, and they'll be on their way soon and very soon.  The visit lasts only as long as I allow it .  .  . talking your feelings is another way to manage how you feel in a healthy way! 

Kwaheri means Goodbye [or "Go Well"] in Swahili.  I'll wear the next hat on Tuesday, January 20!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home