Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm THANKFUL for BOOKS!

"When in doubt, READ!!!"

Reading creates flexibility in thinking!

Readers are GGGGRRRReat problem solvers!

Readers have shared a variety of view points, vicariously resolving many conflicts--sometimes in "A Okay" ways, sometimes not . . .

I'm THANKFUL for BOOKS! Here's two new picture books I love:

My Heart is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall, great for similes for experienced readers and fun illustrations with zoo animals created from heart shapes for all ages!

Back to School Tortoise by Lucy M. George, a great compliment to First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg and a fun twist on the final page! I didn't see it coming . . . see if you do?? I love the illustrations in this simple and sweet, sweet story. Also great for discussing control of our "what ifs?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home