Tuesday, November 8, 2011

3 NEW Picture Books 2 Know

These three books were new to me! I’m not sure if they are NEW . . . but they are definitely worth knowing and sharing with someone!

One by Kathryn Otoshi
What a GREAT story for discussing individualism, bullying, courage, cooperation . . . It’s an amazing, simple tale that can touch on so many concepts so gracefully. The simple illustrations of the colors and numbers are perfect to support the nuggets of wisdom enclosed.

Stars by Mary Lyn Ray
EVERYBODY could use a star in their pocket! A beautiful, poetic story of dreams, wishes, and hope:

A star is how you know it's almost night.
As soon as you see one, there's another, and another.
And the dark that comes doesn't feel so dark.
What if you could have a star?

Perfect Square by Michael Hall
What a FANTASTIC story to remind us to make lemonade when life hands us lemons! I love the way the square thrives on the challenges, needs them to grow! I would love to see what children might create with their own square . . . good to do some movement with this one too. Perfect Square is PERFECT. Michael Hall writes another book, My Heart is Like a Zoo -- I can’t wait to check it out! I have a feeling it will steal my HEART too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home