Monday, March 20, 2017

Mister Rogers' Birthday

Mister Rogers (1928-2003) would have been 89 years old today!  "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" was a television show I watched as a preschooler.   It ran for 30+ seasons.   I enjoyed the trips into the "Neighborhood of Make-Believe" with "X the Owl" and "King Friday XIII!"  In his book, The World According to Mister Rogers:  Important Things to Remember, many words of wisdom are shared, including:

"Imagining something maybe the first step in making it happen, but it takes real time and real efforts of real people to learn things, make things, turn thoughts into deeds or visions into inventions."

May you exercise your imagination and put on your metaphorical cardigan and comfortable shoes today, celebrating how "simple is better" as you interact more kindly with the folks in your neighborhood!  Thank you, Mister Rogers, and Happy Birthday!

P.S. I found it interesting that Fred Rogers composed all the music and songs for the shows.  When watching an episode recently, I didn't remember how much music is incorporated!  I also don't think I knew he was a puppeteer?  I really believed he stayed behind, waiting for us to come back from the "Neighborhood of Make Believe" on the trolley . . . :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home