Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Be Yourself

"In a world where you can be anything -- be yourself!" Mrs. Coffey and Mrs. M-C gave me a plaque for National Library Week one year that had these neat words. I wore my new flamingo hat on Monday to celebrate "you-ness!" It's a cool thing to discover what makes one special and then develop that uniqueness. Here are some books to remember the importance of digging on your individuality:

Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon by Patti Lovell--you gotta love David Catrow's whimsical illustrations and you gotta love Molly Lou!

Hooray for You! A Celebration of You-ness by Marianne Richmond

Ruby the Copycat by Peggy Rathmann--Ruby struggles with being herself. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what's special about you. But once you "hop-pen" upon it, there's no stopping the hopping!

Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester--Tacky is odd bird, but a GREAT bird to have around!

I Like Me! by Nancy Carlson--I always like to have kiddos look in the mirror and practice saying, "Hey, Good Lookin'!"

Incredible Me! by Kathi Appelt

Leo the Late Bloomer by Robert Kraus--Your pace is the right pace for you.

I Like Myself! by Karen Beaumont--More fun David Catrow illustrations!

A parent observed, "Well, you have a new job but you're still Mrs. Broam!" YEA! And I will always try to be the best "Mrs. Broam" I can be. :-)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home